French Script Side Table
* Sander -with 180 and 120 grit sandpaper
* 2 1/2 inch Paint Brush
* 1 1/2inch Paint Brush
* French Script Paper –found on the Graphics Fairy and printed on A4 paper
* Sweet Pickins Milk Paint – Top Coat
* Foam Brushes
* Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Vintage Photo
* Chalk Paint – I used my Duck Egg and Milk Coloured chalk paint but any Miss Mustard Seed, Sweet Pickins Milk Paint or Fusion Mineral Paint will surely do the trick.
* Ruler and a pencil
Step 1 – Using your sander with the 180 grit sandpaper just to remove any lumps and bumps. Because you want to make sure that you have a fresh new canvas to paint on.
Step 2 – Using your 2 1/2 inch paint brush give the entire piece 3 coats Paint, leaving the drawer fronts, sides and the front cupboard inside the framed area. Using my smaller 1 1/2 inch paint brush I applied 3 coats of my milk coloured chalk paint to inside the framed areas.
HINT: Use an old store card to burnish the paper in a circular motion to remove any air bubbles starting in the centre and working your way out to the edges.
Don’t have time to make now? Be sure to PIN for later!