French Script Side Table
* Sander -with 180 and 120 grit sandpaper
* 2 1/2 inch Paint Brush
* 1 1/2inch Paint Brush
* French Script Paper –found on the Graphics Fairy and printed on A4 paper
* Sweet Pickins Milk Paint – Top Coat
* Foam Brushes
* Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Vintage Photo
* Chalk Paint – I used my Duck Egg and Milk Coloured chalk paint but any Miss Mustard Seed, Sweet Pickins Milk Paint or Fusion Mineral Paint will surely do the trick.
* Ruler and a pencil
Step 1 – Using your sander with the 180 grit sandpaper just to remove any lumps and bumps. Because you want to make sure that you have a fresh new canvas to paint on.
Step 2 – Using your 2 1/2 inch paint brush give the entire piece 3 coats Paint, leaving the drawer fronts, sides and the front cupboard inside the framed area. Using my smaller 1 1/2 inch paint brush I applied 3 coats of my milk coloured chalk paint to inside the framed areas.
HINT: Use an old store card to burnish the paper in a circular motion to remove any air bubbles starting in the centre and working your way out to the edges.