Do you have cute little bunnies started to pop up around your home? Not yet or even if they have, today I’m sharing a fun project using mason jar lids, some scrap burlap and white felt. Even if you don’t have these things in your craft stash you can use up what ever you have. Let’s get on with How To Make A Farmhouse Mason Jar Lid Bunny.
How To Make A Farmhouse Mason Jar Lid Bunny
If you love making Easter Craft then your going to love how you can use what you already have in your craft stash and add your own personal touch to these sweet little bunnies.
Making A Farmhouse Mason Lid Bunny is Super Easy
We’re going to make the Mason Jar Lid Bunny in two quick seperate stages. The first stage is cutting out the bunny ears from the burlap and the second stage is the easy assemble.
We’ll be using our glue gun so make sure you have a cup of cold water near by just incase you burn yourself. If you do happen to burn yourself, what ever you do DON’T rip the glue off straight away. Because trust me after years of experience you’ll take your skin too. Just drop your finger straight into the water and leave it for a bit. Then the glue will just peel of, safely leaving your skin where it should be!
- Mason Jar Lids – I found a bag of these polka dot ones at my local thrift store but these ones from Amazon will do the trick or you could paint them using Fusion Mineral Paint in a colour of your choice. Then use the back of a small brush like I did for the eyes to make the polka dot pattern. Or you can find the completed Bunny’s over in my SHOP
- Burlap – or another fabric of your choice like drop cloth or calico
- Glue Gun – this is the glue gun that I use for all my projects
- White Felt
- Sharpie fine tip pen
- Small Wooden Beads
- Lace Scraps
- Scrap lace
- Pearl Scrapbooking brads or a colour of your choice
- Cookie cutter stamp holder or something that fits on the inner circle of your mason jar lid.
Step 1 – Using your cookie cutter holder trace around the inner circle onto your burlap. Then cut out using your scissors.
Step 2 – Pull out the little rubber piece in the center of the mason jar lid. Then using your glue gun stick your cut out burlap circle to the center.
Bunny Ear Making Time
Draw a set of bunny ears onto some paper and cut out two from burlap. Then a smaller 2 from white felt.
Step 4 – Using your glue gun glue down the felt to the burlap.
Step 5 – Run some glue along the inside of your mason jar lid and stick your bunny ears on.
Your almost done – Add some paper grass to the center for bunnies nose. Then a small wooden bead. Uisng the end of a small paint brush add some eyes. Take a small strip of lace and jute and tie together to make a bow. Add the pearl brad to the center and then clue to bunny’s ear.
Make a loop out of jute and tie off and then glue to the back of bunny’s head.
There you have a cutie patootie Farmhouse Mason Lid Bunny all ready to decorate with!
Or if you don’t have time to make them, you can find the completed bunny’s over in my SHOP.