Have fun adding texture to your projects with these Iron Orchid Designs Decor Transfers – Exploration.
Featuring a vintage travel aesthetic, the IOD Exploration Transfer will transport you back in time. Old-time bicycles, classic steam engines, aeroplanes, and hot air balloons will take your DIY project anywhere you want to go.
They come in a brand new look – 8 cuttable sheets 12″x 16″ pad format for ease of making your own unique designs.
Use on walls, painted furniture, and other DIY home accessories to give an antique feel, the pad format makes it easy and efficient to store transfer pieces on their non-stick backings.
PREPARATION IS KEY:
- Keep your transfer with its backing sheet until you are ready to apply.
- Keep free of dust or debris, which will interfere with adhesion.
- Do not allow the adhesive side of transfer to touch anything prior to application.
- When handling the transfer, avoid letting the adhesive side touch itself (don’t do in a windy environment).
- Do not store transfer in extreme temperatures or humid conditions, which can affect adhesion.
- Start with a clean, dry, matte surface.
- If painted, make sure it’s well cured, and if you have sanded the paint make certain there is no residual dust.
- All of these things will interfere with adhesion.
- Carefully remove the transfer from its white backing.
- Slowly and carefully lower the transfer onto your intended surface, making sure that it does not touch until the placement is correct.
- Use small pieces of low tack tape to hold it in place.
- Using the provided tool, or one of your choice, start at one end of the transfer and rub firmly to adhere the image to the surface. Do this until the entire image is transferred.
- You are welcome for the free arm workout as well. If any parts aren’t transferred when you lift, simply lay it back down and rub more on that portion.
- After it is transferred, with a clean dry hand, smooth down any bits that aren’t flatly adhered.
- We recommend sealing with a water-based (or not harsh solvent-based) sealer (waxes created for chalk type paints also work well if they don’t contain harsh solvents).
Measurement: 12″ x 16″ – 8 sheets
**Includes Exploration Decor Transfer
Item is available for pick-up from Shop 2/2 Grose Vale Road North Richmond, NSW AU. For international postage please contact me for postage cost. Please see all Ordering Information here.
- Pay Pal
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Card
- COD when items are picked up or delivered. Delivery only to some local areas. Please contact me for further information.