How to use Fusion Mineral Extender
- Prep your piece as you would to paint with Fusion Mineral Paint. Clean your piece with TSP and give it a light scuff sand.
- Once mixed with Fusion Mineral Paint, apply paint as usual. You will notice a longer open drying time, and this will give you time to work the paint and smooth out brush strokes.
- Once your first coat fully dries, apply a subsequent coats as needed.
- We recommend waiting at least 4 hours between coats when using the Extender.
- Should you notice that applying your second coat is lifting off the first, either too much extender was used, or it needs more time to dry and cure before applying another coat.