How to use Fresco
For the Sea Swept Look:
- Mix 1 part Fresco to 2 parts Fusion™ Mineral Paint with a whisk or a paint stir stick for approximately 30 seconds.
- Apply the mixture to your paint ready surface.
- Allow to set for 10-20 minutes then knock down any heavy lumps by passing your brush over them.
- Allow to fully dry, then continue with additional colours and layers of paint. Fresco is not required in additional layers of paint.
- Complete the look by wet sanding to expose your multiple layers of paint and texture! For best results use a 220 grit sanding sponge.
- For antiquing, use our Espresso Wax, or Antiquing Glaze to enhance all the details.
- **Lumps and chunks are expected and desired to create a textured effect. For less texture, whisk to remove all lump for the flat matte chalky finish**
Crackle Heavy Texture:
- Mix 1 part Fresco to 2 parts Fusion Mineral Paint.
- Apply a thick (2-3mm) layer of the mixture to your paint ready surface.
- Allow to set for 10-20 minutes. Knockdown any heavy lumps by passing your brush over them
- The heavier the texture the larger the cracks.
- Applying sunlight or heat will increase the crackle effect.
Flat Matte Chalky Finish:
- Mix 1 part Fresco to 8 parts Fusion Mineral Paint.
- 1 Small Bag will make 2.5 Quarts or 5 Pints of Flat Matte Chalky Finish.
- Apply the mixture in various directions for a hand-painted look immediately upon application. If any lumps occur, brush them out. If using the included scoop, add 4 scoops per Pint for this look.
- Add more or less as desired.