Who else looks forward to the holidays? I sure do as I know it’s a time to get together with my family and enjoy some valuable time with them. This year I decided to do something handmade! So I wanted to share my FREE Vintage Treat Easter Tag Printable and Rocky Road Recipe with you so you can make some to!
FREE Vintage Treat Easter Tag Printable and Rocky Road Recipe
Can you believe that I have been making this Rocky Road Recipe since I was a Brownie way back something something years ago for my cooking badge!! LOL
I just LOVE it as its super simple recipe with only 5 ingredients!!
Easy 5 Ingredient Rocky Road Recipe:
- 1 x packet of mini Mars Bars cut into small squares – you can use any type of bar like Snickers or Milky Way also. I just like using Mars Bars as Hubby unfortunately has a peanut allergy.
- 18 Marshmallows cut in half
- 18 Strawberries and Creams cut into 3
- 400g Milk Chocolate Melts. I generally use Nestle.
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Coconut
Supplies needed for Vintage Treat Bags:
- Treat Bags
- White Card Stock
- Single Hole Punch
- FREE Printable Easter Treat Tags
- Line a slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Once all of the Mars Bars, Marshmallows and Strawberries and Creams have been cut up into pieces, either using a double boiler or an microwave, melt the Milk Chocolate Melts. I am a little old fashioned and love to use the double boiler method as you have more control over the chocolate melting but if you would prefer to use the microwave please see the packet for instructions. For Double Boiler Method please see below.
- Place your chocolate in the bowl and using a metal spoon stir until melted. Always use an oven mitt to stop the bowl from slipping and avoid getting your fingers burnt.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. You will need to do this step quite quickly as you don’t want the chocolate to start to cool.
- Pour mixture into the baking paper lined slice tray that you prepared earlier and spread to cover.
- Pop into the fridge and leave to set for about 30 minutes.
- Once nice and firm, leave to stand on the bench for about 5 to 10 minutes to soften slightly to cut into small squares.
Double Boiler Method:
- Place water into a medium saucepan about a quarter full.
- Place a metal bowl on top of the saucepan ensuring that it doesn’t go all the way in the saucepan.
Vintage Treat Easter Bags:
- Print out FREE Printable Easter Treat Tags onto white card stock.
- Cut out and using whole punch, punch a whole where marked on tags.
- Fill up your treat bags with the yummy Rocky Road.
- Using the jute fasten the Tags to the treat bags.
There you have a nice handmade Vintage Easter Treat Bag to share with your family and friends!
Happy Easter Baking!
Don’t have time to make now? Be sure to Pin for later 🙂
I have been luck to link up with: