With Valentines Day fast approaching I’m wrapping up the last of my Valentines projects for this year. So today I thought it would be fun to share a Vintage Farmhouse Valentines Sign using a colour that is way out of my comfort zone.
Vintage Farmhouse Valentines Sign
I’m normally a neutral kinda gal but I wanted to try something a little different with this sign and use a bright bold colour. Azure comes across as really bright in these photos but in real life, they make this beautiful decor transfer pop.
- Scrap wood I had this wood in my scrap pile and then cut the frame accordingly 13.5″ x 9.25″ is the measurement of the pine sign.
- 4 x thin wood for the border
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Azure
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Casement
- Brush – I used my S30 and O35 for blending
- IOD Decor Transfer – Painterly Florals
- Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint – Voodoo Gel Stain – Tobacco Road
- 120 grit sandpaper
- Water mister
- Sponge Applicator
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Clear Furniture Wax
- Wax Brush
- Old toothbrush or short bristled brush
- Love Stencil or stickers
- Wood Glue or nail gun
Step 2 – Lightly mist your sign. Apply some Casement to the centre of your sign. Go around the Casement with more Azure. Then taking your DRY 035 brush start blending the 2 colours together by lightly backwards and forwards and then up and down until you get a nice blended effect.
Step 3 – Using your scissors start cutting out rosebuds from your Painterly Florals Decor Transfer Pad and layout into a design that you’re happy with.
Decor Transfer Time
Step 4 – Start to apply your transfer with the tool that comes with your pad. Remember to start with the florals and leaves that you want underneath.
Step 5 – Align your stencil in the centre of your sign. Using Casement pounce over your design. let dry.
Step 7 – Using your DRY old toothbrush dap into some Casement and lightly splatter over your design. The reason I did this was to tone down the bright Azure a little. It is a lot brighter in the photos than in real life.
Step 9 – Run a line of wood glue along the edges of your sign and glue frame pieces. Let dry overnight. You can also use a nail gun to attach them also.
Now your sign is all ready to hang or give to that special someone!