It’s Day 5 of the Halloween Decorating Challenge! Katrin from over at Kreativ K and I are so happy that you have joined us so far. We hope that you have enjoyed making the Halloween Projects just as much as we have. For today’s final project I’m sharing How to Make Tin Can Jack O Lantern Halloween Holders. They can be used as vases, cutlery holders for your Halloween Parties or whatever you allow your creativity to use them for!
Tin Can Jack O Lantern Halloween Holders
To see what else we’ve been busy creating :
- Day 1 – Spooky Trick or Treat Sign
- Day 2 – Creepy Halloween Jute Spider Web Frames
- Half Way Day 3 – Halloween Pumpkin, Spider Ghost and Raven Paddles
- Day 4 – Wooden Halloween October 31st Candy Corn Sign
- Day 5 – You’re here!
- 3 x Tin Cans – Making sure that there are no sharp edges around the rim.
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Tuscan Orange
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Coal Black
- Paint Brush – I used the Cling On! F30
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Beeswax Stick
- Jack O Lantern Labels – or you could hand paint them on.
- 120 grit sandpaper
- Old Store Card
Step 2 – Wash out your brush and remove any excess water. Take your beeswax stick and rub over the entire can especially on the ridges of the can. This allows the Coal Black to come through when you’re distressing. Apply a coat of Tuscan Orange. Let dry completely. Then another coat. Once dry distress to your liking.
Step 3 – Rub firmly on your Jack O Lanter Labels. Peel off the backing paper so that the Jack O Lanterns have adhered to the clear transfer tape.
Step 4 – Center your Jack O Lantern on the front of your tin can, making sure that the opening of the can is at the top. Rub firmly over with your store card. Then slowly remove the clear transfer tape. Then rub over your faces to ensure that they are all snuggly on the tin cans.
And there you have some fun holders to have a little fun decorating with!
Be sure to see the cutest little Halloween Pumpkin Coasters below that Katrin is sharing with you too!
Happy Painting and Decorating!
Welcome to Day 5 of our fun Halloween 5 Day Decorating Challenge!