A big welcome to our Halloween 5 Day Decorating Challenge! Where my sweet blogging pal Katrin from Kreativ K and I will be sharing 5 Days Straight of Halloween projects. All for you to make and create along with us! To kick off this fun Challenge I’m sharing a fun easy Spooky Trick or Treat Sign using scrap wood for you to make.
Spooky Trick Or Treat Sign
To see what else we’ve been busy creating :
- Day 1 – You’re here!
- Day 2 – Creepy Halloween Jute Spider Web Frames
- Half Way Day 3 – Halloween Pumpkin, Spider Ghost and Raven Paddles
- Day 4 – Wooden Halloween October 31st Candy Corn Sign
- Day 5 – Tin Can Jack O Lantern Halloween Holders
- Scrap Wood – I used the offcuts from my Farmhouse Bench that I recently made. 280mm x 100mm x 15mm or if you don’t have time to make you can find them all finished over in my Shop!
- Sweet Pickins Milk Paint – Lantern
- Sweet Pickins Milk Paint – Clear Wax
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Lamp White – Sample
- 120 Grit Sandpaper
- Trick or Tread Stencil
- Paint Brush – I used the Cling On! Flat Brush 30
Step 1 – Mix 1 part Sweet Pickins Milk Paint – Lantern with 1 part warm water until combined. Apply 2 coats to your wood letting each coat try in between. Distress to your liking using the 120 Grit Sandpaper.
Step 2 – Remove the backing paper from your stencil and align in the centre of your sign. Adhere to the wood and use your old store card to rub over the top paying attention around the letters.
Step 3 – Remove the clear transfer paper on top.
Step 4 – Pop out some Lamp White onto an old plate or tile. Grap your foam wedge and begin pouncing onto your stencil. Let completely dry.
Step 5 – Once completely dry, carefully peel away your stencil. Grab your sandpaper and distress lightly.
Final Step – Seal with yummy wax.
And there you have a Spooky Trick or Treat Sign to decorate with this Halloween!
Be sure to check out below what Katrin has been up to!
Welcome to Day 1 of our fun Halloween 5 Day Decorating Challenge!
Join us for the next 5 days where we will share fun projects that you can also make and create before Halloween.
Don’t have time to make now? Be sure to PIN for later!