Rocky Road is an all-time favourite in our house and such a great treat to make as a gift or to offer to your family and friends after a nice meal with a coffee! My Easy 5 Ingredient Rocky Road Recipe is sure to be a crowd pleasure in your house too!
Easy 5 Ingredient Rocky Road Recipe
There’s a bit of a story behind this recipe! I learnt to make it when I was a Brownie for my Cooking Badge something, something years ago (LOL!) and have lost count of how many times I’ve made it. Each time I make it, it brings back so many wonderful memories and I hope that when making the recipe it to will also bring the same for you! 🙂
- 1 x packet of mini Mars Bars cut into small squares – you can use any type of bars like Snickers or Milky Way also. I just like using Mars Bars as Hubby, unfortunately, has a peanut allergy.
- 18 Marshmallows cut in half
- 18 Strawberries and Creams cut into 3
- 400g Milk Chocolate Melts. I generally use Nestle.
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Coconut
- Line a slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Once all of the Mars Bars, Marshmallows and Strawberries and Creams have been cut up into pieces, either using a double boiler or a microwave, melt the Milk Chocolate Melts. I am a little old fashioned and love to use the double boiler method as you have more control over the chocolate melting but if you would prefer to use the microwave please see the packet for instructions. For Double Boiler Method please see below.
- Place your chocolate in the bowl and using a metal spoon stir until melted. Always use an oven mitt to stop the bowl from slipping and avoid getting your fingers burnt.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. You will need to do this step quite quickly as you don’t want the chocolate to start to cool.
- Pour mixture into the baking paper lined slice tray that you prepared earlier and spread to cover.
- Pop into the fridge and leave to set for about 30 minutes.
- Once nice and firm, leave to stand on the bench for about 5 to 10 minutes to soften slightly to cut into small squares.
Double Boiler Method:
- Place water into a medium saucepan about a quarter full.
- Place a metal bowl on top of the saucepan ensuring that it doesn’t go all the way in the saucepan.
Once the Rocky road has all been chopped into pieces, it’s now ready for you and your family and friends to enjoy! I recently made some for Easter and shared with my family and friends, along with some Easter Tags. They were a hit!
Don’t have time to make right now? Be sure to pin for later 🙂
Sam it is 3 in the morning right now that I’m writing this and you have just given me an awful craving! What am I gonna do at this hour of the night? Your recipe and photos have captured me! Thanks for stopping by and linking up to our new Sweet Inspiration party.
AWWW Mary thank you so much for kind words! I do hope you get some sleep though!!! Thank you for having me and look forward to joining in all the fun again next week! Have a wonderful weekend 🙂
Oh my goodness, I have to make this, it’s amazing, it looks so good! I am a chocolate addict, ehem… it just makes me happy 🙂 and I know this would make me very happy! And in that tea cup of your it would be even better! Thank you so much for linkin up at Sweet Inspiration Sam!
I’m sure you will LOVE it Katrin! I’s a BIG hit in our house, I try to always have some made for when my kiddies come home as they LOVE it 🙂
5 ingredients! Right up my alley! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!
Thank you for having me Helen! 🙂