If you have been following me along on Instagram I recently shared my Scrumptious Apricot and Crunchy Muesli Cookies. They seem to have been a bit of a hit over there so decided to share my recipe for you to enjoy as well! They are super easy to make and also make super great gifts! Recently I cooked up a batch for my Painting Class with a delicious cup of freshly brewed coffee and they went down a treat!
Scrumptious Apricot and Crunchy Muesli Cookies
These cookies have always been a big hit in my family. Especially when the kids were little and they would make their way on to the afternoon tea tray after a big day at school! Their little eyes would light up like dinner plates! So many memorable conversations were had munching away on these cookies about all of the wonderful adventures the kids had had at school that day. One of my most favourite parts of the day!
Every now and then the kids would put on their aprons and help to make the cookies! Their favourite part was licking the spoon (of course) or eating any left-over cookie dough! 😉
Hope you enjoy making these (and eating them) as much as my kids and I have!
Happy Baking 🙂
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10-12 minutes|
- 3/4 cup Raw Sugar
- 125 grams Butter Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Crunchy Toasted Muesli
- 3/4 cup Dried Apricots Currents, Cranberry's Sultans can also be used
- Set oven to 180C. Place sugar, butter, egg and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Mix in flour muesli and apricots or your choice of dried fruit.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Scoop tablespoons of the cookie mix onto baking trays and using the back of the tablespoon flaten slightly
- Place baking trays into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Cool on wire rack and then enjoy!
Cookie dough can also be frozen to use at a later date.
Yummy, I love everything apricot but never had them in cookies until a few years ago. I will have to try these very soon 🙂
Sam, I have never tried apricots in cookies, but I’m sure I’d love it! They look so good and I can imagine my girls loving them with a glass of milk, yum!
Sam…these are looking so delicious. Can’t wait to try this recipe.
Thank you, Denise! I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Oh Sam – these look and sound delicious! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!
You’re welcome, Helen!
Thanks for sharing them on the Great Cookie exchange!
Thank you for having me 🙂
They sound utterly scrumptious Sam I would love some
Oh they are Amber! Especially with a cuppa! If you lived closer I would whip you up a batch in a heart beat!
Apricot and Muesli is a different flavour, it sounds delicious Sam. I have never had anything like these. Pinning to try.
Trust me, Leanna! You will want more than one! They are super moreish!