With the silly season fast approaching I am always on the lookout for easy recipes. Especially during the middle of the week when things are a little crazy in our house. This Salami Basil Bocconcini Gnocchi Bake is a sure go to recipe when life gets hectic. Full of flavour and goes a long way as it’s quite a filling meal and goes nicely with Garlic Bread and a crisp Green Salad.
Salami Basil Bocconcini Gnocchi Bake
We are yet to get our Basil growing in our new garden but look forward to being able to pop out and grab a bunch when making this recipe. In fact any recipe with fresh herbs in it!
While this is bubbling away rustle up a nice green salad and get your garlic bread ready.
Then set the table and enjoy with your family and relax for a moment!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20-25 minutes|
- 500 g potato gnocchi
- 1 onion chopped
- 100 g salami Diced
- 425 g Tomato Soup
- 1 small bunch Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tub Bocconcini Sliced thinly
- olive oil spray
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan. Once hot add your chopped onion and Salami. Cook until onions are transparent.
- Mix in your tin of tomato soup. Bring to the boil and then simmer until slightly thickend.
- Add the chopped basil and stir through.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add gnocchi. When they have floated to the top drain well.
- Add gnocci to the tomato mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a small casserol dish with olive oil. Add the mix and then layer the Bocconcini
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the bocconcini is golden. Serve with Garlic Bread and a green salad.
All measurements and temperatures are Australian Metric
Don’t have time to bake now? be sure to PIN for later
Oh, momma! That looks amazing. I’ll be right over 🙂
I’ll have a bowl ready and waiting, Deborah!
Oh my hubby and son will love this! It’s the perfect meal for our upcoming chilly weather. Thanks Sam!
It sure is perfect for the cooler months that’s for sure Lynn!
Oh Sam…..this looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it. Yummy!!!
Let me know how you go, Denise!! I hope you and your family enjoy!