Welcome back to Day 2 of our fun Halloween 5 Day Decorating Challenge. Where my blogging pal Katrin from Kreativ K and I are sharing 5 full days of fun projects you to can also make and decorate with this Halloween. Today’s project is all about creepy Halloween Jute Spider Web Frames.
Creepy Halloween Jute Spider Web Frames
To see what else we’ve been busy creating :
- Day 1 – Spooky Trick or Treat Sign
- Day 2 – You’re here!
- Half Way Day 3 – Halloween Pumpkin, Spider Ghost and Raven Paddles
- Day 4 – Wooden Halloween October 31st Candy Corn Sign
- Day 5 – Tin Can Jack O Lantern Halloween Holders
- 3 x Thrifted Frames all the same size
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Coal Black Sample
- Paint Brush – I used the Cling-On! R12
- 12o grit Sandpaper
- Staple Gun
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Beeswax
- Tiny little Spiders – Thank goodness they are only plastic I say!!!
Step 1 – Remove the glass and the backing plates from your frames. Give them a coat of paint with your brush and let dry. Once Dry grab your sandpaper and distress to your liking and then seal with wax.
Step 2 – Using your stable gun secure one end of the jute to the back of your frame.
Step 3 – Repeat 3 times with the jute until you get a pattern like pictured above.
Spider Webbing Time Step 4 – Cut a length of jute and knot it to one of the straight lines of jute.
Step 5 – Repeat step 4 until you get at least 3 rings around the web.
Step 6 – Continue all of the steps again for the other frames until you are all done!
And then next comes the fun bit off adding all the faux little spiders and other Halloween Decorations that you may have!
We hope you have enjoyed Day 2 of our fun Halloween 5 Day Decorating Challenge! Be sure to check out below the awesome project by my sweet friend Katrin.
Happy Spider Web Making!
Welcome to Day 2 of our fun Halloween 5 Day Decorating Challenge!
Join us for the next 5 days where we will share fun projects that you can also make and create before Halloween.
Katrin – Kreativ K
Sam – Raggedy Bits
Don’t have time to make now? Be sure to PIN for later!