With being a creative now is the time to start making your Christmas goodies. Especially if you like giving handmade gifts or cards. Today I’m sharing How To Make Christmas Rustic Gingerbread Houses from scrap wood
How To Make Christmas Rustic Gingerbread Houses
There is something so cute about little gingerbread’s and their houses. Painting cute gingerbreads rag dolls and saltbox houses is where the addiction for painting all started for me! It only seems like yesterday and boy have times changed since then. I wonder if they will make a come back?
- 3 different sizes of wood for the Gingerbread Houses – I cut 2.5″ W x 7.5 ” H for the Large. 2.5″ W x 5.5″ H for the Medium and 2.5″ W x 4″ H for the Small.
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Chocolate
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Picket Fence
- Fusion Mineral Paint – Clear Wax
- Wax Brush
- SVG File for the Gingerbread House for you to use on your cutting machine or a copy of my hand drawn Gingerbread Houses to use with graphite paper to trace onto your gingerbread houses.
- No1 Round Brush – If using the hand drawn file
- 120 grit sandpaper
You can watch the tutorial below
Easy to follow steps:
- Cut out and stain your houses using Fusion Chocolate. Let dry.
- Then either using your SVG file cut out with vinyl and apply to your houses.
- Spounge on some Picket Fence and let dry.
- Or print out your hand drawn file and then with graphite paper trace onto your houses.
- Using a No1 Round Brush paint onto your houses. Let Dry.
- Lightly distress to your liking and apply wax with your wax brush.
Aren’t they just fun? I hope you have fun making them as much as I did. You could make them any colour you like to blend in with your decor!