This Banana Cake recipe means the world to me! It was a recipe that my Granny and I use to make when I was a little girl and I have very fond memories of helping her in the kitchen making this recipe together. I know there are a billion banana cake recipes around but today I’m sharing my special Granny’s Delicious Banana Cake with you.
My Granny’s Delicious Banana Cake
- 2 tblsp Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 1 tsp Bi Carb Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder – Make sure you pass through a sifter to remove any lumps.
- 2 tblsp Milk
- Make sure your banana’s are very over ripe! They have so much more flavor when making using them in cooking. I leave mine until the skin is black.
- Make sure you pass the Baking Powder and the Bi Carb Soda through a sifter to remove any lumps.
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Oil Spray and line your cake tin with baking paper. I used a 20 cm round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together using your electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg. Mix until combined.
- Add banana 1/3 at a time mixing until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in milk.
- Place cake mix into cake tin and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Prod the center of the cake at 35 minutes and if still not cooked cover cake with foil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Now its time to put the kettle on and sit down and enjoy!
Don’t have time to make now? Be sure to pin for later 🙂
I’ve been lucky to link up with:
If you liked this recipe, you might also like: